Standing on a bluff above Lake Ontario not far from Niagara Falls, Old Fort Niagara has dominated the entrance to the Niagara River since 1726. The colorful history of the site began even earlier, and continues to the present day.

The Old Fort Niagara Rotary Club of Williamsville event kicked off with cocktails on the Niagara River followed by a detail lesson of cannon training. We were treated to a wonderful dinner in the "French Castle." Built in1726 followed by a heart stopping tour of the fort complete with ghost stories by candle lantern. Guest included Carolyn Leeds parents.

                                                                                                                                            Tim Henderson